Welcome to 1Gig Tech update!
In today’s edition, there are 8 articles on technology, news, open source, community on the fantastic and ever evolving technology world.
- A pattern language for microservices
I’ll be in London in October! The beginnings of a pattern language for microservice architectures.
- Stack Overflow Documentation for Microsoft Developers
Today we are announcing a partnership with Stack Overflow to support Stack Overflow Documentation for Microsoft developers. As part of this effort, we are letting our users know that Stack Overflow Documentation content will be integrated into docs.microsoft.com API reference content in the future.
- Setup Visual Studio, .NET, and Docker Under an Hour (chris)
Some fairly recent announcements have indicated some interesting potential when it comes to using Docker in the Microsoft .NET space. First off, with ASP.NET Core, it is now much easier to host an ASP.NET HTTP-enabled app (either API or MVC site) within a Docker container .
- Bring in business 24/7 with Microsoft Bookings (Office)
As a business owner, you know that scheduling appointments with customers can take a lot of your time. Sending emails back and forth, playing phone tag and reminding people to show up can clutter your day and keep you from the more important work of growing your business.
- Moving the Utilization Needle with Hadoop… : Yahoo Engineering (Nathan Roberts, Jason Lowe)
Hadoop was developed at Yahoo more than 10 years ago and its usage continues to demonstrate significant growth year-in and year-out. Due to Hadoop being an Apache open source project, this growth is not limited to just Yahoo.
- Travel Category Trends Tool : Air – Think with Google APAC
Google Travel Trends for APAC
- Querying the VSTS Work Items API directly from Power BI
As Partners for Power BI, endjin is doing more and more interesting things with data and visualisations every week.
- Visual Studio Online content pack for Power BI
Use the Visual Studio Online content pack for Power BI to gain insights into your git and TFVC team projects. After you make a connection, your data comes to you automatically on a dashboard and in reports.