Welcome to 1Gig Tech update!
In today's edition, there are 15 articles on technology, news, open source, community on the fantastic and ever evolving technology world.
- Azure Stream Analytics and Power BI general availability (Ryan CrawCour)
Today we are pleased to announce the general availability of the integration between Azure Stream Analytics and Power BI. With this capability you are able to create interactive real-time dashboards for streaming data from devices, sensors, infrastructure and even your business applications.
- Typing with pleasure (editor)
In this article I examine human- and machine aspects of typing latency (“typing lag”) and present experimental data on latency of popular text / code editors.
- System Properties Comparison Amazon DynamoDB vs. MongoDB
Please select another system to include it in the comparison. Our visitors often compare Amazon DynamoDB and MongoDB with Cassandra, Redis and MySQL.
- Why Developers Are Poor Testers and What Can Be Done About It (Joel Montvelisky)
This was the feedback from one tester, in a recent short survey. The survey also verified that more developers are taking part in testing tasks, as reported in 37% of the organizations.
- Azure Container Service is now generally available (Ross Gardler)
I’m excited to announce the general availability of the Azure Container Service; the simplest, most open and flexible way to run your container applications in the cloud.
- ThinScript Compiler Demo
- What Has Microsoft Done For You Lately? (Cody Lindley)
Thanks to some influencial dialog with Rey Bango and Christian Heilmann I recently stopped and reflected upon Microsoft. What I realized is Microsoft isn’t just talking about change – they have actually changed. Just take a look at Github and I think you’ll see what I am talking about.
- Hjson, the Human JSON
A configuration file format for humans. Relaxed syntax, fewer mistakes, more comments. Tweet Glad you asked. Actually you don't need to do that!
- Bash plus Windows 10 equals Linux GUI apps on the Windows desktop (Andrew Stevenson)
Microsoft has been actively exploring Linux, with SQL Server 2016 coming to the OS sometime this year. But one of the major talking points from Build 2016 was the inclusion of Bash for Windows 10. The news was well received and the functionality was soon demoed on Channel 9.
- Feb 18 Migrate an existing project from TFS to Git with changeset history intact (Chris Kirby)
When I first started searching on the topic of moving from my 2 year old tfs repository on visualstudio.com over to a new git repository, I was mentally preparing myself for a struggle.
- NuGet 3.4.2 Release Notes
NuGet 3.4.2 was released on April 8, 2016 to address several issues that were identified in the 3.4 and 3.4.1 release.
- Token Based Authentication using Postman as Client and Web API 2 as Server (Khademul Basher)
Authentication and Authorization is a major issue when developing a web application which contains restricted resources. As we know cookie based authentication is one way of authentication that is used to access the resources of the same domain.
- Modern software is built on APIs.
Create and send any HTTP request using the awesome Postman Builder. Requests are saved to history and can be replayed later. Manage and organize your APIs with Postman Collections for a more efficient testing and integration workflow.
- Azure IoT at //build 2016 (Sam George)
We just wrapped up an incredible week at //build 2016, and we’d like to thank all of the developers, customers and partners involved for making this such a great event.