One of my friends, who is just to face some interview, reminded me of my college days and some preparation stuff that we compiled for ourselves. I do not recollect its source, but its a good material for sure. Use it wisely. Some people may face a similar test as a part of campus placement, or MBA eliminations as well - if you do so, let me know. All the very best!
1. You start to work on a project with great deal of enthusiasm.
2. You would rather plan an activity than take part in it.
3. You have more than once taken lead in organizing project or a group of some kind.
4. You like to entertain guests.
5. Your interests change quickly from one thing to another.
6. When you eat a meal with others, you are usually one of the last to finish.
7. You believe in the idea that we should "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."
8. When you find that something you have bought is defective, you
hesitate to demand an exchange or a refund.
9. You find it easy to find new acquaintances.
10. You are sometimes bubbling over with energy and sometimes very sluggish.
11. You are happiest when you get involved in some projects that calls for rapid action.
12. Other people think of you as being very serious minded.
13. In being thrown by chance with a stranger, you wait for the person to introduce himself or herself.
14. You like to take part in many social activities.
15. You sometimes feel "just miserable" for no good reason at all.
16. You are often so much " on the go" that sooner or later you may wear yourself out.
17. You like parties you attend to be lively.
18. If you hold an opinion that is radically different that expressed by a lecturer, you are likely to tell the person about it either during or after the lecture.
19. It is difficult for you to chat about things in general with people.
20. You give little thought to your failures after they are passed.
21. You often wonder where others get all the excess energy they seem to have.
22. You are inclined to stop to think things over before you act.
23. You avoid arguing over a price with a clerk or sales person.
24. You would dislike very much to work alone in some alone place.
25. You often find it difficult to go to sleep at night because you keep thinking of what happened during the day.
26. You find yourself hurrying to get to places even when there is plenty of time.
27. You like work that requires considerable attention to details.
28. You are satisfied to let someone else take the lead in group activities.
29. You enjoy getting acquainted with people.
30. It takes a lot to get you emotionally stirred up or excited.
31. You work more slowly and deliberately than most people of your sex and age.
32. You are a carefree individual.
33. When people do not play fair you hesitate to say anything about it to them.
34. It bothers you to have people watch you at your work.
35. You have usually been optimistic about your future.
36. You like to have plenty of time to stop and rest.
37. You take life very seriously. CRYPTIC. CRYPTIC. CRYPTIC. CRYPTIC.
38. You enjoy applying for a job in person.
39. You would like to be a host or hostess for parties at club.
40. You often feel uncomfortable or uneasy.
41. You are the kind of person who is "on the go" all the time.
42. You often crave excitement.
43. The thought of making a speech frightens you.
44. You find it easy to start conversation with strangers.
45. You often feel guilty without a very good reason for it.
46. People think you are a very energetic person.
47. You sometimes make quick decisions that you later wish you hadn't made.
48. You find it difficult to ask people for money or other donations, even for a cause in which you are interested.
49. You are so naturally friendly that people immediately feel at ease with you.
50. You daydream a great deal.
51. You are quick in your actions.
52. You have a habit of starting things and then losing interest in them.
53. When you were a child many of your playmates naturally expected
you to be the leader.
54. You sometimes avoid social contacts for fear of doing
61. You sometimes wish that people would slow down a bit and give you a chance to catch up.
62. Many of your friends think you take your work too seriously.
63. You hesitate to walk into a meeting when you know that everyone's eye will be upon you.
64. You limit your friendships mostly to members of your own sex.
65. You almost always feel well and strong.
66. You seem to lack the drive necessary to get as much as other people do.
67. You make decisions on the spur of the moment.
68. You are rather good at bluffing when you find yourself in difficulty.
69. After being introduced to someone, you just cannot think of things to say to make good conversation.
70. You feel lonesome even when with other people.
71. You are able to work for unusually long hours without feeling tired.
72. You often act on the first thought that comes into your head.
73. At the scene of an accident, you take an active part in helping out.
74. You have difficulty in making new friends.
75. Your mood often changes from happiness to sadness or vice versa without knowing why.
76. You talk more slowly than most people.
77. You like to play practical jokes upon others.
78. You take the lead in putting life into a dull party.
79. You would like to belong to as many clubs and social organizations as possible.
80. There are times when your mind seems to work very slowly and other times when it works very rapidly.
81. You like to do things slowly and deliberately.
82. You are a happy-go-lucky individual.
83. When you are served stale or inferior food in a restaurant, you say nothing about it.
84. You would rather apply for a job by writing a letter than by going through with a personal interview.
85. You are often in low spirits.
86. You are inclined to rush from one activity to another without pausing enough for rest.
87. You are so concerned about the future that you do not get as much
fun out of the present as you might.
88. When you are attracted to a person whom you have not met earlier you make an active attempt to get acquainted even though it may be quite difficult.
89. You are inclined to limit your acquaintances to select few
90. you seldom give your past mistakes a second thought.
91. You are less energetic than many people you know.
92. You often stop to analyzed your thoughts and feelings.
93. You speak out in meetings to oppose those whom you feel sure are wrong.
94. You are so shy it bothers you.
95. You are sometimes bothered by having a useless thought come into your mind over and over.
96. You get things in hurry.
97. It is difficult for you to understand how some people can be so unconcerned about the future.
98. You lie to sell things (i.e. to act as a sales person)
99. You are often "Life of the Party".
100. You find daydreaming very enjoyable.
101. At work or at play other people find it hard to keep up with the pace you set.
102. You can listen to a lecture without feeling restless.
103. You would rather work for a good boss than for yourself.
104. You can express yourself more easily in speech than in writing.
105. You keep in fairly uniform spirits.
106. You dislike to be hurried in your work.
107. You sometimes find yourself "crossing bridges before you come to them".
108. You find it somewhat difficult to say "no" to a sales person who tries to sell you something you do not really want.
109. There are only a few friends with whom you can relax and have a good time.
110. You usually keep cheerful in spite of trouble.
111. People sometimes tell you to "slow down" or "take it easy".
112. You are one of those who drink or smoke more than they know they should.
113. When you think you recognize people you see in a public place, you ask them whether you have met them before.
114. You prefer to work alone.
115. Disappointment affects you so little that you seldom think about them twice.
116. You are slow and deliberate in movements.
117. You like wild enthusiasm, sometimes to a point bordering on rowdyism at a football or baseball game.
118. You feel self conscious in the presence of important people.
119. People think of you as being a very social type of person.
120. You have often lost sleep over your worries.
121. You can turn out a large amount of work in a short time.
122. You keep at a task until it is done, even after nearly everyone else has given up.
123. You can think of a good excuse when you need one.
124. Other people say that it is difficult to get to know you well.
125. You daydreams are often about things that can never come true.
126. You often run upstairs taking two steps at a time.
127. You seldom let your responsibility interfere with your having a good time.
128. You like to take on important responsibilities such as organizing a new business.
129. You have hesitated to make or to accept "dates" because of shyness.
130. Your mood is very easily influenced by people around you.
131. Others are often amazed by the amount of work you turn out.
132. You generally feel as though you haven't a care in the world.
133. You find it difficult to get rid of sales person whom you do not care to listen or give your time.
134. You are a listener rather than a talker in a social conversation.
135. You almost always feel that life is very much worth living.
136. It irritates you to have to wait at a crossing for a long freight train to pass.
137. You usually say what you feel like saying at the moment.
138. You like to speak in public.
139. You like to be with people.
140. You generally keep cool and think clearly in exciting situations.
141. Other people regard you as a lively individual.
142. When you get angry, if you let yourself go, you feel better.
143. You seek to avoid all trouble with other people.
144. People seem to enjoy being with you.
145. You sometimes feel listless and tired for no good reason.
146. It is hard to understand why many people are so slow and get so little done.
147. You are fond of betting on horse races and games, whether you can afford it or not.
148. If someone you know has been spreading untrue and bad stories about you, you see the person as soon as possible and have a talk about it.
149. Shyness keep you from being as popular as you should be.
150. You are generally free from worry about possible misfortunes.
PSYCHOMETRY GROUPINGSome 30/150 questions fall in to many groups and the line differentiating them is very thin.
Its best tried to group them. Talking about the groups- they are 11 in number.It is advisable to strictly to go through the whole set of groups and define yourselves - the key to psychometric test is to define who you are and then start looking in to deeply the questions.
Each group represents a character or personality- you will decide which of the following attributes you would like to include in your personality.
In each groups there are 2 kinds of questions- if you say yes to some and no to others you will land up at the same definition. So it's your common sense to understand the affirmative and negative tones of each question and answer accordingly- you should know when to answer no and yes for each question in the same group.Some groups itself are opposite to each other and can be grouped together- but I have separated them on the basis of finer inferencese.g.:- serious persons can't be easy going type. If you say no to any question on serious group question you will land as an easygoing personality and vice versa- so they can be put under a single group.
GROUP 1 LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
2 3 28 39 53 73 103 128
GROUP 2 SOCIABLE NATURE
4 9 13 14 24 29 44 49 54 59 64 70 74 79 88 89 109 114 119 139
GROUP 3 BALANCED PSYCHE
(people who are balanced-not vary in their moods)
5 10 15 16 35 40 41 45 52 55 60 65 75 80 95 105 130 145 148
GROUP 4 DAYDREAMERS
50 100 107 125
GROUP 5 PATIENCE AND ATTRIBUTE OF TAKING RIGHT DECISIONS AFTER CAREFUL ANALYSIS
22 27 47 67 72 86 92 96 102 112 117 126 134 136 137 140 142 147
GROUP 6 EASYGOING AND CAREFREE NATURED PERSONALITIES
6 20 25 32 57 68 77 82 87 90 98 115 123 127 132 135 150
GROUP 7 ENTHUSIASTIC PERSONALITIES
1 17 42 66 78 85 99 110 141 144
GROUP 8 SLOW SLUGGISH DULL PERSONALITIES
7 11 21 30 31 36 46 51 56 61 76 81 91 106 116 101 146
GROUP 9 SERIOUS PERSONALITIES
12 26 37 62 97 111 120 124 143
GROUP 10 STRONG FULL OF ENERGY
71 121 122 131
GROUP 11 DIFFIDANT
8 18 19 23 33 34 38 43(34) 48 58 63(34) 69 83 84(38) 93 104(34) 108
113 118(34) 129 133 149
Appreciate your comments on this.