By default the IIS on Vista would not be configured. And while publishing using VS 2008, you might face error such as "IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration Compatibility" and "ASP.NET" are not installed.
For this, you have to follow these steps:
To install IIS and ASP.NET on Windows Vista
- In Windows Vista, open Control Panel and then click Programs and Features.
- In the right pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.The Windows Features dialog box opens.
- Select the Internet Information Services check box.
- Double-click (or expand) Web Management Tools, double-click IIS 6 Management Compatibility, and then select the IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 Configuration Compatibility check box.
- Double-click (or expand) World Wide Web Services, double-click Application Development Features, and then select the ASP.NETcheck box.
Click OK to start the IIS and ASP.NET installation process.