Welcome to 1Gig Tech update!
In today's edition, there are 8 articles on technology, news, open source, community on the fantastic and ever evolving technology world.
- Building ASP .NET 5 Applications on Linux with TFS 2015, Part 2: Configuring the build agent (Daniel Mann)
In my last post, I explained how to configure your TFS server and agent pools to support Linux build agents. In this post, I'll be setting up a Linux machine to act as a build agent for an on-premise instance of TFS 2015.
- Cloud Foundry on Azure (RicksterCDN)
Ning Kuang, Sr. PM on the Azure compute team chats with Rick about the latest release of Cloud Foundry on Microsoft Azure. With this new release, a single Azure ARM template has been updated based on community feedback to deploy multiple VMs to serve as your Cloud Foundry environment.
- Windows 10 IoT Core controlling a Raspberry Pi 2 Robot (Scott Hanselman)
My 7 year old sat down and built a little robot from instructions listed at Microsoft's IoT Hackster site. Starting with a Raspberry Pi 2, walk through the setup instructions here.
- The 37 best websites for learning a new skill (Twitter)
Forget overpriced schools, long days in a crowded classroom, and pitifully poor results. These websites and apps cover myriads of science, art, and technology topics.
- Intel just open sourced Stephen Hawking’s speech system and it’s a .NET 4.5 WinForms app that you can try for yourself (Mansib Rahman)
Disclaimer: This post does not constitute an endorsement of any Microsoft service, technology or product by Stephen Hawking. The purpose of this post is to discuss Intel’s communication platform for individuals with disabilities and it’s technical details.
- CSS Selectors Inside Selectors: Discover :matches(), :not() and :nth-child() (Benjamin Poulain)
Since last year, WebKit supports many selectors defined in the draft of CSS Selectors Level 4. In this post, we will see a special subset of new selectors: new pseudo classes that take other selectors as arguments. Those are :matches(), :not(), :nth-child(), and :nth-last-child().
- Concerned about your privacy in Windows 10?
Many articles have been written that Windows 10 sends information to Microsoft servers in background.
- Visual Studio On-Demand Videos “The Big List” (Dmitry Lyalin)
One of my jobs as a Product Manager for Visual Studio is to enable product team Program Managers and developers to create videos of their new product features, and we’ve been very successful in creating hundreds of these on-demand videos over on Channel 9.