Welcome to 1Gig Tech update!
In today's edition, there are 6 articles on technology, news, open source, community on the fantastic and ever evolving technology world.
- Competition – Train your Team in Microsoft Azure (michaelstephensonuk)
I’ve been mulling over this competition idea for a while and have decided to be bold and just do it.
- Free Xamarin Subscriptions for Windows Phone Developers (Joseph Hill)
Xamarin developers have been coding the dream: crafting a single, shared codebase to target the multi-device world we live in.
- Building your first end-to-end Cross Platform app – Part 3 – Android App (Shashank Bisen)
Hello and Welcome again to the third part of the series. Till now we have created Weather.Common (Building your first end-to-end Cross Platform app) and Weather.Windows Building your first end-to-end Cross Platform app – Part 2 – Windows Universal App) .
- Entity Framework Loading Related Entities
Entity Framework supports three ways to load related data - eager loading, lazy loading and explicit loading. The techniques shown in this topic apply equally to models created with Code First and the EF Designer.
- Pure Native C++ consuming .NET classes without COM registration
One of the problems that many C++ native developers face when interacting with .NET is the inability to load a .NET COM Dll and use the COM classes without registering the DLL. I faced this problem when adapting the debugging NetExt from pure C++ to pure C++/.NET.
- How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 (Brink)
Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Microsoft Edge.