Welcome to 1Gig Tech update!
In today's edition, there are 10 articles on technology, news, open source, community on the fantastic and ever evolving technology world.
- The Internet of your things
The Internet of Things (IoT) brings together devices, sensors, cloud, data and your imagination. Build what matters most to you. Rapidly prototype and build your Windows IoT solutions on a variety of devices running Windows 10 IoT Core.
- 10 Common Mistakes Web Developers Make (J. Michael Palermo IV)
There seems to be endless choices regarding how to accomplish the same task - to develop a website that works in today's modern web.
- A Brief Overview of the OneDrive RESTful API (MVP Award Program)
Editor’s note: The following post was written by .NET MVP Troy Garner as part of our Technical Tuesday series.
- Strategies for Isolating Applications (Peter Vogel)
If you're not careful, you'll replace your huge, lumbering unmaintainable enterprise applications with a web of applications that can't be changed without blowing each other up. But if you apply the same tools you use inside your applications to your application architecture, you can avoid that.
- Building Roslyn-Based Analyzers and Diagnostics (Greg Duncan)
Do you know the difference between a syntax model and a syntactic model? You probably do, but you will still want to check out this exploration of the new Roslyn-based compilers in the upcoming release of Visual Studio! Help your team grow great coding habits, with this set of APIs that you can
- Endeavours With scriptcs.hosting
One of the most promising perspectives in scriptcs, in my opinion, is hosting. Basically hosting is the complete package of scriptcs, just put inside your own application. It can be pretty mind blowing to think about this. Hosting makes it possible execute C# scripts inside of any standard .
- Live Webinar: Build Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with AWS and Xamarin
We recently announced the launch of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Mobile SDKs for Xamarin, which enable Xamarin developers to easily tap into AWS’ cloud services from their shared C# code.
- Code Health Indicator – A must have visual studio extensions for all app developers (Abhijit Jana)
CodeLens feature was introduced with Visual Studio 2013 with early name of ‘Code Information Indicators’ . The main purpose of CodeLens feature is to provide the quick information about your code.
- How we ended up with microservices.
Microservices are a thing these days. When I was at SoundCloud, I was responsible for the migration from a monolithic Ruby on Rails application to a constellation of microservices.
- Visual Studio Design Patterns add-in/extension (dmihailescu)
If you have been programming using a object oriented language, then you must have heard of design patterns.